Air Around us class 6 | worksheet

Premium Air Around us class 6 | worksheet
Share this

Air Around us class 6 | worksheet 

´╗┐Air Around us class 6. Download air around us class 6 worksheet including MCQ on air around us, questions and answers, define and more based on the latest CBSE syllabus.

Air around us (points to remember)

The envelope of air surrounding the surface of the earth is called the atmosphere. The atmosphere extends to a height about 500 km above the earth's surface.

air contains water vapour. We also saw that, when air comes in contact with a cool surface, it condenses and drops of water appear on the cooled surfaces. The presence of water vapour in air is important for the water cycle in nature.

´╗┐Carbon dioxide makes up a small component of the air around us. Plants and animals consume oxygen for respiration and produce carbon dioxide. Plant and animal matter also consumes oxygen on burning and produces mainly carbon dioxide and a few other gases. It is advisable not to burn dry leaves and discarded remains of the crop, which pollute our surroundings.

The burning of fuel also produces smoke. Smoke contains a few gases and fine dust particles and is often harmful.

Did you know air contains mostly nitrogen and oxygen. In fact, these two gases together make up 99% of the air. The remaining 1% is constituted by carbon dioxide and a few other gases and water vapour.

The wind makes the windmill rotate. The windmill is used to draw water from tubewells and to run flour mills. Windmills are also used to generate electricity. Air helps in the movements of sailing yachts, gliders, parachutes and aeroplanes. Birds, bats and insects can fly due to the presence of air. Air also helps in the dispersal of seeds and pollen of flowers of several plants. Air plays an important role in the water cycle.

  • Tags :
  • Air around us class 6

You may like these also

© 2022 Witknowlearn - All Rights Reserved.